If you’ve read this blog you know we talk a lot about the impact that social media is having on the PR world. Recognizing the value of an integrated agency approach, we’ve expanded our services over the last two years to include social media and digital production services – all of which we provide in-house (as opposed to outsourcing, which many agencies do). As a result, Our PR strategies call for a lot of new thinking, digital tactics and technical capabilities. We also recognize (along with the experts that we respect) that the recipe for success is still being perfected. We believe bright people with good ideas and an interest in the future of communications can have an impact right now.
Are you up for discovering new paths to success for clients? Do you see value in digital communications and social media for marketing and PR? We want to hear from you! We recognize that the newest generation of employees entering the workforce are more naturally inclined to have this skill set in place. Therefore, for the first time in over a decade of business, PerkettPR is looking for interns that are capable of opening our eyes to new possibilities, executing on important communications strategies and excited to learn just how a PR firm helps companies and brands effectively communicate with key audiences.
Think you’ve got what it takes to intern at a virtual agency? Enter our contest for the chance to work with a nationwide, senior-level team in either Boston, Detroit or San Francisco.
Here are the official application guidelines:
- The paid internship program will be awarded to up to three accomplished students or graduates with studies in public relations, communications, business, video production, English, journalism or marketing
- Length of internship will be determined with individual contacts
- We’re looking – ideally – for one intern in (or near) each city: Boston, Detroit, San Francisco
- Submissions must be sent via video message (Facebook* or Seesmic**), blog post (yours with a link to ours), Twitter pitch campaign, or on our Facebook page. Or, better yet, something you create – show us something we have never seen before. The submission is open to your creative interpretation – just don’t send us a paper resume. Show us your work digitally.
- Must have excellent writing and research skills.
- Must have a fully functional home “office” and be willing to meet and work remotely with co-workers at least once a week
- Interns will work with PerkettPR’s PR and Social Media teams to study, create and implement social media, digital content and PR programs and services. They may also have exposure to and contact with clients, partners and journalists.
- Submissions or links may also be emailed to: IWantToIntern[at]perkettpr.com.
- Finalists will be asked for full resumes.
Applications will be accepted through June 26. A handful of finalists that will then be interviewed for the position in late June/early July.
Here’s what we’re looking for you to answer in your submission:
1. Who are you, what do you do and where are you?
2. What is social media?
3. How does it play a role in PR? How can they both benefit businesses?
4. What great examples of PR and social media integration have you seen? What makes it great?
5. Where is the future of corporate/brand communications heading?
6. List three words people would use to describe you.
7. Why do you want to work for PerkettPR?
8. What will you bring to our agency that no other candidate will?
9. What is your favorite tech gadget or site and why?
10. Who is one person in business that you admire?
* Video submissions to our Facebook page can be left on our wall after you become a “fan.”
** Video submissions can also be left right here as a reply on this post via the Seesmic widget that is accessible below the comments area. A free Seesmic account is required.